Ramblings and other nonsensicles...

Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 by King Matyas in
0

Well well well... I woke up pretty motivated to blog today but when I finally found myself in the office, it was in the middle of a transformation. We have been working on giving the business office a face lift for a few months now. It has been a slow and arduous process for sure, but FINALLY it is coming to a close...

You know that any place can become cluttered when you ignore things for a few years? Well a few years had nothing on this mess. Granted, there is still one small corner that awaits a newly purchased and in route piece of furniture, but other than that this place looks 1000% better.

Let the smooth jazz play. Yes yes yes, keep on a rockin.
.....
I am beginning the yearly quest to get to the UFC fan expo by booking rooms and searching for flights... the first year we went (for UFC 100) we stayed at a Westin resort near Planet Hollywood. If you ever find yourself looking at that place and wondering if it is a worthy resort to stay at, look at whatever else is in the list. That place says it is a 4 star resort, and I suppose that if you look at the list of what a hotel needs to actually be a 4 star, it is, but only by definition.

The place was a dump.

There were stains on the carpet, among other things that made me never want to stay there again. The ONLY plus side was how comfortable the beds were.

Last year we decided on a house. I had researched homes on http://www.homeaway.com/ because we had a group of us and in effort to save come cash between all of us, a home instead of hotel rooms was the only way to travel... I found a house about a mile from the strip with a pool, misting system, built in grill area, pool table, and most importantly 3 bedrooms. I quickly laid down the grand it was gonna cost for the stay and security deposit, and marked that off of my list of things to do. TWO days before we were to leave I found a message on my phone that mentioned that the house was un-rentable, they apologized, and they would issue me a refund... WTF! (Turns out that the people that were renting that week flooded the place and the owner was flying from Missouri to Vegas to assess the damages.)

That left me 48 hours to not only find a new place, but inevitably lay down some more cash to secure it (the refund ended up taking a month to get to me). Mind you that not only is there a UFC fight that weekend, but there is also Nascar, and the WSOP taking place so pretty much ALL of Vegas is booked solid. After looking at and e-mailing 49 different home owners in the area, I happened upon one that was just purchased to be a vacation home. the only problem was the place wasn't furnished yet. It wasn't scheduled to be furnished, but if they pulled a few strings they could get it done... then I got a call from someone whom I had spoken with earlier. He had a cancellation and could rent it to me!!! $1500.00 later it was mine.

Talk about lucky. Pool & Hot Tub, Check. Three Bedroom, Check. Pool Table, Check. Not a bad place.

The only issue was that it was in Summerlin. At least the trip was back on, albeit a few newly whitened hairs later.

But then...

We had to go out of our way to pick a few people up which turned a 6 hour trip into a 10 hour trip. (That sucked electric donkey bottoms)

This year we decided we are gonna get hotel rooms on the strip, so we can party Dirty Vegas Style without worrying about driving. On top of that we are gonna fly. Gonna be a stress free trip this year. (I hope)

I'm sure you will hear all about it via Facebook while I am there... Stay tuned. That is all I have for today.

0 comments: