Amazing Holidays...

Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 by King Matyas in
0

Since the beginning of mine and my wife's relationship, I have been doing my best to be creative with my gift giving and surprises. For the last four years it has been a rule not to get each other gifts on Christmas because we usually get whatever we want throughout the year. This season is designated for gift giving for our family and friends. I have never once complied with this rule, she has always.

I try to keep things interesting. Example:

When Reah and I began dating I stole her from some douche, and it just happened to be closing in on Valentine's Day. I had a HUGE bouquet of flowers delivered with a card that read "Just wait until Sam gets home and sees that you got flowers from someone else...", and to make it even more believable I stopped by a grocerie store on the way home from work and picked out a moderately wilted single white rose to give to her. I apologized for not being able to get her more, but I had been at work all day and was short on cash. It was fun to watch her squirm.

Reah is fascinated with Ireland. She loves anything to do with the Irish so I bought her some land there. We have yet to visit it.

Back to Christmas...

This year I was struggling because Reah has taken over our finances and therefor I have no way to sneak any purchases past her without her knowing immediately. I was talking with The Korean Dragon one day and she mentioned she was using Bill Me Later to sneak purchases, so I signed up for an account and made a purchase for a Notebook computer. Reah has wanted her own notebook pc since she was young, and we had almost purchased one for her previously but things came up... so every time that we stopped at stores i would make special effort to walk over to the laptops and play with them a bit while asking her if she liked this one etc. and telling her to figure out our finances so after Christmas is over we can get her one really quick. I brought this up for an entire month, at least twice a week, to keep the flames of laptop desire alive.

When the laptop came in the mail, I sent it home with my mother so she could get it wrapped for me, and to prevent any accedental discoveries of this gift. She promptly placed it under a community tree in the Carriage House as to lay in wait undetected while the time passed.

On Christmas Eve we were loading up the HUMMER to take gifts to my parents house to celebrate, as is our tradition, but I had to take care of the dog right before we drove over there so i was able to go back in and make sure the gifts were placed perfectly for our return home. Our celebration was tremendous {on a side note to all of you coffee lovers out there, the Keurig single k-cup coffee brewing system has got to be the best way that coffee can be brewed at home (thanks Terra & Tony)}, and in the midst of the gift giving, I was presented a suprise gift from my wife... A Freakin Kinect! I totally played it off like she got me. She was sooo pleased that she finally got me, and I didn't get her a gift. The joy on her face was only enhanced by her telling me over and over that "this is MY Christmas, I finally got you!". I called her a few names and acted like I was dissapointed that I didn't get her anything, I feel bad, and she tricked me, etc. etc. You should have seen her. EPIC!

So we drive home and she is still beaming and rubbing it in. We get home and head towards our favorite spot to discard of things that we are carrying, and she see's them. Three gifts sitting on the coffee table, waiting to be opened.

Reah "What are those?"
Me "This is who's Christmas?!?"
Reah (speechless)
Me (dancing around) "who got who?!?"

I proceeded to sit her down and hand her the gifts. She opened the first to find a sweet ass Samsung laptop. I had won again!

I love Christmas. I love finding the perfect gift for people, and I never shy away from silly prices when I find that perfect gift.

I already have her Birthday present picked out!

0 comments: